Some discolored spots on your teeth may indicate decay, but not all of them. If decay is present, your dentist may recommend that the cavity caused by the decay is filled. A filling is a plug of composite resin that is placed into a tooth to replace missing parts of a tooth. This procedure is carried out by a dentist or by a Dental Therapist if the patient is a child.

(download pdf)